Milan Gay Tours offers this tour for those who have a free extra day in town and want to discover a less renowned jewel of beautiful Italy: Mantova (Mantua in English).
The charming town of Mantua lies on a piece of land near three lakes and is one of the cultural capitals of the Renaissance, find out about its intimate and sweet atmosphere. The dukes of Mantua sponsored perfect architectures enriched with lavish decorations and paintings, among which you can discover Palazzo Te, created to impress Emperor Charles V of Spain and that will leave you breathless as well.
On the central months of the year you will be captured by the fascinating sight of the lotus flowers blossoming everywhere on the surface of the lakes and every day boat tours may get you to the upclose observation of this wonder of nature.
- Departure from your hotel/accomodation or another fixed point
- Visit to Piazza Sordello, surrounded by the Duomo and Bonacolsi house
- Visit to the Ducal Palace (that is a real town inside the town and includes the Castle of San Giorgio and the wonder of the Camera Picta painted by Mantegna)
- Visit to Piazza delle Erbe with the Broletto Palace and the circular church of San Lorenzo; close to Piazza delle Erbe you will see the Sant’Andrea basilica designed by Leon Battista Alberti, the early Renaissance Florentine genius.
- Professional licensed guide
- Headphones (only in case of groups of more than 5 people)
- Transfers from/to accomodation
- Travelling fee
- Entrance fees to venues
- Spending money
- Food or Drinks
- Gratuity – optional
- Any additional service
Make more special your visit to Mantua adding to your visit one or more of these services:
- Visit Palazzo Te, the urban villa of the Gonzagas designed by Giulio Romano and famous for its erotic paintings (+ 1,5 hours)
- Visit to the house of Mantegna and San Sebastiano church by Leon Battista Alberti (+ 1 hour)
The total additional cost will be communicated after checking availability of the requested service(s).
- Comfortable clothes and shoes – Remember to wear appropriate clothes for entering to churchesand sacred places (Please, no shorts, no tank tops, no flip flops)
- Sun Protection
- Spending Money
For cancellation you may write an email indicating the reference of your booking and your wish to cancel it to email@example.com
All cancellations may have a charge according to when you tell us your wish to cancel your booking.
This service has these Cancellation Fees,
- Cancellations up to 7 days before the services: No Cancellation Fee.
- Cancellations between 7 and 2 days before the services: Cancellation Fee of 20% of cost of your booking.
- Cancellations within 2 days before the service or No Show: Cancellation Fee of 100% of cost of your booking.
Any banking fees because of returns will be paid by customers.
For changes you may write an email indicating the reference of your booking and your requested changes to firstname.lastname@example.org
We can not guarantee any change until we have provider’s confirmation. Some changes may have an additional cost.
1 Adult – 140€
2 Adults – 250€
3 or more Adults – Please ask
+ Travelling Fee
+ Any Additional Service
5% for PayPal commission will be added on the final price
Departures everyday all year round
Pictures of the Tour
San Giorgio castle
Mantegna's Camera Picta
Fill in this form with your preferred date and hour. We can not guarantee this availability but we will do as much as we can to achieve it.