Milan Gay Tours offers these tours for those who have a free extra day in town and want to discover some less renowned jewels of beautiful Italy: Bergamo and San Pellegrino Terme.
Bergamo has two centres: “Città alta” (upper city) and the “Città bassa” (lower city). The two parts of the town are connected by funicular/cable car, roads, and foot-paths.
Bergamo alta is a wonderful medieval town on the top of a hill surrounded by ramparts built in the Renaissance. Its centre hosts countless small treasures of art such as many works by the Renaissance painter Lorenzo Lotto (one of his paintings is famous for… the angels’ buttocks!).
In the “Città bassa” (lower city) you can visit the city picture gallery Accademia Carrara, a venue you shouldn’t miss. There you will admire a rich display of important pantings from the middle ages to the 1800s including Raffaello, Bellini, Mantegna, Canaletto.
You’ll also discover the astonishing male figures by Moroni, so experiencing the standard of male elegance and beauty in the late Renaissance.
Bergamo is also the homeland of opera composer Gaetano Donizetti, famous for Lucia di Lammermoor, Maria Stuarda, L’elisir d’amore and many more.
In an extended tour or as a separate half day trip, you may also select to discover San Pellegrino Terme, a charming village in a valley around Bergamo, where not only will you find the San Pellegrino water springs (famous for its renowned sparkling water), but also the incredible Art Nouveau casino, built during the Belle Époque (1920s), when the cream of the crop of European society used to gather.
- Departure from your hotel/accomodation or another fixed point
Tour of Bergamo:
- Visit to the lower part of the old city center including Porta Sant’Alessandro, the Sentierone and the Saint Bartholomew church
- Transfer to the upper part of the old town by cable railway (funicolare)
- Visit to the Cathedral and the Colleoni’s chapel and walk to the city citadel
Tour of San Pellegrino Terme:
- Visit to thermae and its casino
Tour of Bergamo: 2 hours approximately + time to enjoy Additional Services
Tour of San Pellegrino: 1 hour approximately + time to enjoy Additional Services
- Professional licensed guide and assistant
- Headphones (only in case of groups of more than 5 people)
- Transfers from/to accomodation
- Travelling fee
- Entrance fees to venues
- Spending money
- Food or Drinks
- Gratuity – optional
- Any additional service
Make more special your visit to Bergamo and/or San Pellegrino adding to your visit one or more of these services:
- Visit to Accademia Carrara, city picture gallery (+1,5 hours)
- Tour of the city churches featuring paintings by Lorenzo Lotto (+ 1 hour)
- Indulge in the relaxing service of the SPA in San Pellegrino
The total additional cost will be communicated after checking availability of the requested service(s).
- Comfortable clothes and shoes – Remember to wear appropriate clothes for entering to churches and sacred places (Please, no shorts, no tank tops, no flip flops)
- Sun Protection
- Spending Money
For cancellation you may write an email indicating the reference of your booking and your wish to cancel it to email@example.com
All cancellations may have a charge according to when you tell us your wish to cancel your booking.
This service has these Cancellation Fees,
- Cancellations up to 7 days before the services: No Cancellation Fee.
- Cancellations between 7 and 2 days before the services: Cancellation Fee of 20% of cost of your booking.
- Cancellations within 2 days before the service or No Show: Cancellation Fee of 100% of cost of your booking.
Any banking fees because of returns will be paid by customers.
For changes you may write an email indicating the reference of your booking and your requested changes to firstname.lastname@example.org
We can not guarantee any change until we have provider’s confirmation. Some changes may have an additional cost.
1 Adult – 140€
2 Adults – 250€
3 or more Adults – Please ask
+ Travelling Fee
+ Any Additional Service
5% for PayPal commission will be added on the final price
Departures everyday all year round
Pictures of the Tour
Bergamo Old Town
Accademia Carrara - Raffaello
Fill in this form with your prefered date and hour. We can not guarantee this availability but we will do as much as we can to achieve it.