Milan Gay Tours offers this tour for those who have a free extra day in town and want to discover a less renowned jewel of beautiful Italy: Lake Como.
Lake Como has always been attracting visitors, some of which decided to settle there later. From the Ancient Romans to American movie stars and Russian tycoons; George Clooney fell in love with this place and is the joyful owner of a magnificent villa on the shores of the lake. The town has some important architectures but is also the Italian capital of silk manufacturing.
Como is also the hometown of Alessandro Volta (the inventor of the battery and father of the researches on electricity) and the architectural movement of Italian rationalism had its most important works created in here during the the period between the two world wars in the last century.
Among the options you can add to your basic tour in Como you cannot miss a boat tour! It is the best way to fully enjoy the natural landscape, the mountains surroundings, the many fancy villas around the lake, the small towns like Bellagio (that inspired the resort, hotel and casino of the same name in Las Vegas) and a fair amount of gossip too.
- Departure from your hotel/accomodation or another fixed point
- Walk to Porta Torre and the medioeval city walls, discovering the remains of the ancient Roman town
- Visit to the medioeval Piazza San Fedele
- Visit to Piazza del Duomo and the Broletto
- Walk along the lake shore heading to the Tempio Voltiano and the surrounding villas
- Professional licensed guide
- Headphones (only in case of groups of more than 5 people)
- Transfers from/to accomodation
- Travelling fee
- Entrance fees to venues
- Spending money
- Food or Drinks
- Gratuity – optional
- Any additional service
Make more special your visit to Como adding to your visit one or more of these services:
- Boat trip around the lake (+ 1 hour)
- Tour of Rationalist architecture (+ 1 hour)
The total additional cost will be communicated after checking availability of the requested service(s).
- Comfortable clothes and shoes – Remember to wear appropriate clothes for entering to churches and sacred places (Please, no shorts, no tank tops, no flip flops)
- Sun Protection
- Spending Money
For cancellation you may write an email indicating the reference of your booking and your wish to cancel it to firstname.lastname@example.org
All cancellations may have a charge according to when you tell us your wish to cancel your booking.
This service has these Cancellation Fees,
- Cancellations up to 7 days before the services: No Cancellation Fee.
- Cancellations between 7 and 2 days before the services: Cancellation Fee of 20% of cost of your booking.
- Cancellations within 2 days before the service or No Show: Cancellation Fee of 100% of cost of your booking.
Any banking fees because of returns will be paid by customers.
For changes you may write an email indicating the reference of your booking and your requested changes to email@example.com
We can not guarantee any change until we have provider’s confirmation. Some changes may have an additional cost.
1 Adult – 140€
2 Adults – 250€
3 or more Adults – Please ask
+ Travelling Fee
+ Any Additional Service
5% for PayPal commission will be added on the final price
Departures everyday all year round
Pictures of the Tour
Fill in this form with your preferred date and hour. We can not guarantee this availability but we will do as much as we can to achieve it.